Academic & College Counselor
Email Mr. McCann | 303.471.3379
Appointed 2015. Prior to his appointment at Valor, Mr. McCann was the Department Chair of counseling at George Washington High School. He worked as a Financial Aid Counselor at Point Loma Nazarene University before moving to Colorado. In 2014, he was nominated as a finalist for the Colorado School Counselor of the Year award
Outside of his school work, Mr. McCann has been a Research Coordinator for the next version of College Finder and plays music, sports, and runs sound at his church. He and his wife Erin, married in 2014, enjoy being outdoors and traveling whenever possible.
B.A. Psychology/Music – Taylor University, 200
M.S. Counseling – San Diego State University, 2010
- Has ranked his top 200 favorite songs of all time
- Loves the Brother Karamazov (and started a book club just for it).
- Visited over 115 colleges in the last three years
- Originally from Indiana, but moved from San Diego to Denver
- Running a soundboard
- Cooking up some mean fish tacos
- Unanimously voted the best dancer at every wedding ever