Hey Transfer Students - We're glad you're here! Your most exciting step (starting classes on campus) is yet to come, but until then, this page is for you. We'll post important information about enrollment, registering for courses, summer opportunities, Eagle's Nest store promotions, Athlete Night, and more.
Mark your calendars for these important events for incoming students and families, and click on each to be directed to more information below.
- Conservatory Auditions. The Conservatory application is still open to transfer students. Click here for more information and to access the application.
- August 15 is Transfer Student Orientation Day. Save the Date! We will be sending more information over the summer with details on our Big Welcome!
Get Involved In Service This Summer
In addition to offering service based local and international trips, Valor Discovery is also dedicated to prioritizing service as a part of each and every student’s experience. Learn all about Valor’s Discovery Service Requirements here, and check out some opportunities for service this summer here.
Check out this overview of the Discovery program to learn more.
Speaking of Summer ...
Did you know we offer for-credit classes in June and July for students who wish to get a jump on graduation requirements (or are just interested in a particular subject)? You can check out our course offerings and register here.
Did You Miss the Emails?
Each Thursday, you should've received a special message from a different department welcoming you to Valor and providing specific information about the next few months. Didn't get it? No problem! You can find all the info in the links below.
An Academic and College Counselor will reach out to you about creating a course schedule that is tailored to your interests and abilities, while also addressing requirements for graduation and college placement. Check out Valor's graduation requirements here. You are always welcome to contact your counselor if you have any questions. The counselor assignments are as follows:
- A-E: Jay McCann
- F-L: Chad Van Soest
- M-R: Todd Pulliam
- S-Z: Sheila Beckie
- Conservatory: Sheri Magehee
After June 5, counselors will be in and out of the office. At that time it is best to contact our front desk at 303-471-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, if you are considering getting involved in the Valor Institute for Applied STEM, contact STEM Coordinator Rick Russon. He's got some fun ways for you to meet like-minded friends this summer and get off to a great start in the fall.
By the end of your first week at Valor you will be a pro at our rotating block schedule. Take a look at our bell schedule here. You'll notice some unique elements built into our week:
- PRTs (that's a Personal Responsibility Time) -- this time is for you to study, meet with teachers and collaborate with classmates. You don't have an assigned classroom space during these times.
- Connection -- this is time set aside for you to connect with teachers, advisors, tutors, or each other prior to the day starting. Its a great time to grab coffee in the Bistro, spend time with a mentor, or invest in a new friendship
- Life Groups -- these are single-gender groups of 8-10 students, led by a mentor, that you'll meet with on a regular basis to support, encourage, and pray for each other.
- Chapel -- Every Wednesday we'll all stop what we are doing to take time for transformational, meaningful, and memorable worship and devotional encounters with God through music, drama, prayer, teachings and shared spiritual experiences.
You should have received an email titled Valor Enrollment Information for the 2019-2020 school year. It has step-by-step instructions on how enroll, as well as a personal enrollment link that you will need to use. If you did not receive this correspondence, please contact the Office of Enrollment.