Reminders from the Academic and College Counselors
The college application process is offered as a service by our counselors to assist students in submitting quality applications and essays to potential colleges. Students submit their printed applications and essays for review by their counselor:
Application Review Deadline #3- October 15
Application Review Deadline #4- November 5
Later dates- work directly with your College Counselor
The Senior ICP Meeting sign-up was sent to students and parents directly from your Academic and College Counselor. Please ensure that your student has signed up for this meeting that must occur no later than October 15th.
Senior Yearbook Photos
If you have not taken your senior picture with Monty Nuss, please do so before September 30.
Senior Parent Events
Important Senior Information Email
Preparations for the Class of 2022’s Commencement celebrations are well underway. To help us plan for these events we will be sending you an email by Wednesday, January 19 and ask that you submit your responses no later than Friday, January 28. We will need:
- Your Senior‘s first, middle, and last name as you would like it to appear on their diploma.
- To help our Academic & College counselors with name pronunciations at Commencement, we ask for the phonetic spelling of your Senior‘s name. You can check out NameShouts for help.
- A favorite baby/toddler picture of your Senior, which will be shown at the Senior Luncheon. I know it’s hard to choose from so many adorable options, but one photo is all we need.
- Your Senior‘s personal email address so we may keep in contact with them following Commencement.
- How you want your Senior’s name to read on their yard sign.
We are excited for this year’s Senior Retreat which serves as fun and meaningful experience for the class. The Senior Retreat will be held on Saturday, April 2 – Monday, April 4.
Seniors will meet on campus at 9:00 am on Saturday, April 2 and travel by bus to Crooked Creek Ranch, Frasier, Colorado. Seniors will return to campus by 3:00 pm on Monday, April 4.
Parents, use this link to learn all you need to know about crafting your letters to your Senior. As a reminder, these letters are due to the Valor Front Desk no later than Monday, March 7.
Jostens Delivery Dates
Commencement Announcements and Senior Yard Signs
- Wednesday, April 6
Cap & Gown Distribution
- Friday, April 29
Commencement Week for the Class of 2022
Senior Luncheon – Tuesday, May 17 12:00 pm
Join us for a special time of fellowship and celebration at the Class of 2022 Senior Luncheon on Tuesday, May 17 beginning at 12:00 pm in the Valor Main Gym. We are excited to resume our tradition of gathering to share a meal and honor our graduates. We look forward to sharing this day with you. Business casual attire is appropriate.
The cost of the lunch is $18 per parent and there is no charge for senior students. Due to limited seating we ask that only parents attend with their senior. For our meal planning purposes, we ask that you purchase your tickets by Tuesday, May 10.
Commencement Rehearsal – Wednesday, May 18, 1:00 – 3:15
Students are required to meet in the Valor Stadium on the field at 1:00 pm for Commencement Rehearsal. Rehearsal will end no later than 3:15 pm. Seniors are expected to remain until the rehearsal is complete.
- Thursday, May 19 at 10:00 am in the Valor Stadium
- Friday, May 20 at 10:00 am in the Valor Stadium will serve as our backup in the case of a weather delay.
- Graduates will be seated together as a class in rows.
- Each graduate may reserve up to 8 ticketed/reserved seats for guests on the athletic field.
- All additional guests will have access to general admission seating in the stadium.
- Immediately following the Commencement Ceremony, we invite the Class of 2022 and their families to join us for a celebration on the back lawn complete with appetizers & beverages. We look forward to celebrating with you theres D