Opportunity PreviewExit Preview
Facility Support Specialist
Under direct supervision, this position will provide facility support for the school, which includes general cleaning maintenance, basic building repair maintenance and manual labor needs on the campus to include all buildings, grounds and site, ensuring that the school environment is safe, clean and orderly at all times. The Individual should possess excellent cleaning skills, attention to detail, basic maintenance skills, good problem-solving and decision-making skills, manual dexterity, a familiarity with basic cleaning and maintenance tools, supplies and equipment. Individual must also have enough physical strength to stand for long periods of time, perform regular and daily manual labor assignments and move heavy objects (such as tables, chairs, platforms, etc.). In addition, demonstrate and uphold the quality/standards of the organization along with a sense of ownership and pride in the interior and exterior appearance of the campus. A qualified person must have a heart to serve and be attentive to the needs of others.
Support Specialist will be responsible for Work Order completion and continuously monitoring the campus and all buildings and surroundings at the school, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security or building and grounds upkeep needs or issues. The ultimate goal of this position is to assist in keeping facilities and surrounding campus clean and in operating order while providing full facility support in a variety of areas (i.e. event setup/teardown, staff/faculty/student/parent assistance, etc.)
Facilities Support for the School
• general cleaning maintenance
• basic building repair maintenance
• manual labor needs on the campus to include all buildings, grounds and site
• ensuring that the school environment is safe, clean and orderly at all times
• responsible for Work Order completion
• responsible for continuously monitoring campus and all buildings and surroundings at the school in order to identify any
cleanliness, safety, security or building and grounds upkeep needs or issues
• ultimate goal of this position is to assist in keeping facilities and surrounding campus clean and in operating order while
providing full facility support in a variety of areas (i.e. event setup/teardown, staff/faculty/student/parent assistance, etc.)
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
• Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
• Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
• Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
• Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
• Accept and uphold Valor’s Statement of Faith
• Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
Provide Strategic, Effective, Inspiring Team Support
• Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
• Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
• Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
• Assume collaborative responsibility for annual Operating Plan Goals
• Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
• Participate in monthly Valor Team meetings and regular meetings with Supervisor
• Demonstrate teach-ability and be receptive to feedback
• Pursue continual professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
• Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
• Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in actions and words
• Pursue and uphold relational unity with Team members
This position reports directly to the Facility Supervisor (FS). FS will direct and train technician accordingly in daily duties and responsibilities. This position will interact with all full-time, part-time and seasonal employees, as well as students, parents and visitors.
All employees would feel as though Valor’s work environment is exceptional, with full support from the facilities team to meet their work environment needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, preferred.
• Minimum of one-year experience in custodial, maintenance and/or facility support, preferred.
• General or basic understanding of plumbing and carpentry, preferred, but not required.
• Possession of a valid Colorado driver’s license at all times during employment.
• Possession of a reliable smartphone at all times during employment.
Required Competencies/Essential Job Functions:
• Basic knowledge of cleaning and maintenance tools, equipment and machinery to perform the jobs/tasks preferred.
• Ability to address minor repair issues.
• Strong cleaning skills and attention to detail to see what others may not.
• Physical ability to move, push or carry tables, chairs and other objects.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, being flexible and adaptable to change in a growing culture.
• Perform other miscellaneous facility support duties as specified by the Work Order system: (although not all-inclusive, duties
may include: furniture moving, furniture assembly/de-assemble, event set up and tear down, trash pick-up, painting, drywall repair,
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills that promote positive relations in dealing with faculty, staff, students,
parents and visitors.
• Reliable and dependable.
• Basic computer knowledge and skills. Ability to communicate electronically both internally and externally.
• Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with established work standards and safety guidelines.
Position involves occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs). Will occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, squatting, reaching, etc. Exposure to noise, dust, debris and dirt. Exposure to all aspects of janitorial cleaning. Requires ability to be on feet majority of work shift. Will work mainly internally with some external work, as needed. Outside work in winter months may require minimal hand shoveling; must be able to work outside in winter conditions for short periods of time.
This role description is not all-inclusive. Valor reserves the right to amend this role description at any time.
POSITION TYPE: C – (Non-exempt Hourly).
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time-NOTE: This position is M-F and is an 8.5 hour/per day shift with a 30-minute unpaid meal break mid shift. At least One Saturday shift from 8:00am-Noon is required per month.
SHIFT: Work shift during In-School periods (August-May) may vary somewhat to ensure the school has adequate facility support between 6:30 am – 8:00 pm (M-F) due to needs of the school or facility department (example…shifts may vary from 6:30am-3:00 pm, 8:00 am,-4:30 pm 9:30 am-6: 00 pm or 11:30am-8:00pm). FS will set work schedules on a monthly basis with facility team to ensure coverage of facility hours and school needs. Overtime is required as follows: At least One 4-hour Saturday shift (8 am-noon) per month for facility support is required and working all Home Football games (typically Friday night), which extends and is in addition to normal work day shift. Other optional overtime may be necessary based on school needs. Additionally, other optional income opportunities arise for facility support provided to third party rentals.
POSITION TYPE: C
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Supervisor