5-Day jam-packed sports and entertainment tour of Orlando primarily for Valor DECA students. Some of the sites will include behind the scenes of Disney or Universal Studios, an in-depth look at sports marketing with the Orlando Magic NBA team, and how Florida hotels market in a touristed area. Other smaller tours will be offered, depending on availability such as Ron Jons, Hilton, or others. (note: plans are subject to change due to the pandemic situation)
- Tuesday, 3/23 – Depart DIA late in the afternoon. Stay at Universal Hotel.
- Wednesday, 3/24 – Behind the scenes business tour of Universal Studios in the morning. Visit parks in afternoon and evening.
- Thursday, 3/25 – Marketing Universal 101 (research, creative, distribution, marketing class). Visit parks in afternoon and evening.
- Friday, 3/26 and Saturday, 3/27 – Tentative activities depending on pandemic guidelines include:
- Day at Disney or a sports marketing company
- Travel to Cocoa Beach, tour the Ron Jon Surf Shop business and spend time at the beach
- Orlando headquarters tour with Marriott Vacations Worldwide or Wyndham hotels
- Marketing the Blue Man Group entertainment business
- Visit Volcano Bay waterpark
- Saturday, 3/27 – Return to DIA in the evening
Minimum enrollment requirement is 10 students.