The 5,300-square-foot Valor Library and Research Center is an essential part of our college preparatory curriculum and a primary driver of student learning and outcomes.
For students, it is a favorite place to study, research projects and passions, and read for deeper understanding of course material as well as personal enrichment.
Cross-curricular research projects drive student learning by deepening information literacy, stimulating critical thinking and strengthening writing and oral presentation skills at every grade level
Our multi-database search platform prepares students to engage with college-level library holdings and learn the value of professionally sourced information. Students search SOAR to access more than 200,000 online holdings from research databases such as JSTOR, Academic Search Premier, and Advanced Placement Source.
The Christian Mind – Historical and Theological Resources
Our robust collection of print and electronic titles from Christian intellectuals, theologians, pastors and lay leaders — spanning 2000 years of Christian experience — guides students as they pursue understanding of the role of faith and theology in the public square and their personal life.
- 24-7 access to the main catalog, SOAR multi-database search engine, web reference shelf and other resources, as well as information on hours, services, policies and purchase requests
- 12,000 print materials easily located using the main catalog
- 26 iMacs, a mobile computer cart, and mobile printing
- Two full-time librarians and two library assistants who provide instruction, promote excellence in information literacy, and help students with individual research needs
- Interactive online tutorials that build students’ information literacy skills
The library is available online 24-7. Valor community members are welcome to borrow library resources and request items from other libraries via interlibrary loan.
7:15 am – 5:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00 am – 5:30 pm Tuesday