Our Academic and College Counseling staff are experts in helping students navigate the college admissions process from start to finish. And, our curriculum is designed to meet the most unique or rigorous college admissions requirements, so every student can pursue a college admission that best fits their goals.
- We work with students all four years of high school to help guide their college admissions process from the very beginning. Read about our year-by-year approach.
- We work with students all four years of high school to help guide their college admissions process from the very beginning. You can read about our year-by-year approach here. We work with your student and family to develop an Individual College Portfolio (ICP) in order to achieve your college admissions goals.
- We offer help and resources in comparing schools, organizing deadlines, writing college essays, and completing the college application process.
- We hosts over 100 college reps from across the country every year.
- We provide workshops, classes, and presentations that focus on a wide range of topics including: college essay writing, financial aid, gap year programs, and athletic recruitment.
- We provide a variety of data-driven tools that help students identify their career interests and optimize their college journey.
- We are a CLEP testing facility, which allows us to facilitate College Board exams so students can demonstrate mastery of introductory college-level material and earn college credit.
It’s About Fit, Not About Rank
Valor students matriculate to some of the most prestigious schools in the country. However, our priority is to help all of our students find the right fit for college, regardless of where a college or university is ranked.
We know how ranking systems work, and we’ll let you in on a secret: they are rarely designed with student’s unique skills, interests and well-being in mind. That’s where we come in.
We work alongside students and parents to help identify the kinds of schools in which each student has the potential to achieve and thrive. Our favorite thing is to discover that a Valor grad is thoroughly enjoying the school of their choice, making friends, pursuing academic and co-curricular interests, and learning more about themselves every day.
Oh, The Places We Go
Optimizing For College
Our students have matriculated to fantastic colleges and universities across the country and around the world. They are mainly concerned with finding the best fit, where they can pursue their academic and professional goals while enjoying their environment. Parents care about fit too. But even more, they are asking two fundamental questions:
- What is my student going to do with the rest of his or her life?
- How do we afford the increasing cost of college.
We offer two programs, YouScience and CLEP Testing, that help address these questions and provide tools for optimizing the college journey for your student.
YouScience is a data-driven approach to aligning student’s interests and aptitudes with college programs and degree pursuits. Tools like YouScience take into account a student’s expressed interests and also their natural abilities and personality traits, to create a composite view of careers that might be attractive.
Students can dig deeper into those career options, examining factors like salary levels and work requirements. They can then explore post-secondary options including college and vocational programs that catch their interest.
The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) has been the most widely trusted credit-by-examination program for over 50 years, accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and administered in more than 1,800 test centers.
Tens of thousands of students have used CLEP tests to save thousands of dollars, test out of General Education Credits, and accelerate their degree pursuits. You can learn more about Valor’s CLEP program here, and see an example of how CLEP tests work at a sampling of well-known colleges.
Welcome to Valor Christian High School! We are excited that you are interested in planning a visit to our campus. To help you prepare, we wanted to let you know there are two ways to meet with our students:
Colleges Come to Valor
Each year, we host hundreds of college representatives on our campus in order for students to get a better understanding of their future options and the college process. Freshman through seniors have the opportunity to meet with representatives, hear presentations, and browse a variety of schools at a college fair on campus where they can get information about colleges they’re interested in, as well as become exposed to colleges they’ve never heard of.
Individual College Visit
If you are not able to attend our College Day, we will be offering lunch visits as an option to meet with our students. Please feel free to contact Sara Nagel, our College Visit Coordinator.