You may select from many course offerings based on your interests, abilities and learning styles.With seven classes per year, there are opportunities to explore courses that interest you and challenge you academically.
It is extremely important that you know and understand the requirements for each course and the requirements to graduate from Valor. In making your course selections, Valor encourages you to discuss your higher education goals with teachers, counselors and family members.
Valor Christian High School has established the following minimum graduation requirements to allow each student the opportunity to explore their giftedness whether that potential lies in academics, athletics or the arts.
- English = 4 credits
- Math = 4 credits (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II/Trigonometry are required courses. Placement testing is available.)
- Science = 3 credits (Biology and Chemistry are required courses.)
- Social Studies/History = 3 credits (World History, US History, Economics and US Government are required courses.)
- World Language = 2 credits (Same language showing progression over a minimum of 2 years.)
- Bible/Theology = 3 credits
- Fine Arts = 1 credit
- Ninth Grade Seminar = 1 credit
- Valor Discovery Service Hours = 25 approved service hours per enrolled year
- Total Units Required for Graduation = 21 credits
- Note: 1 credit = 1 year; 1/2 credit = semester