Assistant Athletic Director / College Recruiting Coordinator
Appointed 2013. Mr. Bufton has been serving in Christian schools since 1983. He has been an Athletic Director for seventeen years, Dean of Students for ten years, and a Development Director for two years. Along with his administrative responsibilities, Mr. Bufton has coached varsity basketball for 28 years and has also coached football, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, cross country, and soccer. He and his wife, Sally, have five children and five grandchildren. In his spare time, he likes to golf, hunt, fish, and ride his Harley Davidson motorcycle.
College Recruiting Coordinator Responsibilities
The role of the College Recruiting Coordinator is to partner with families in navigating the college recruiting process.
- Market the Valor Athletic Department and Valor Athletes to colleges and Universities across the country
- Educate the parents and student-athletes on the recruiting process, their role in this process, communicate the differences in competition levels, and communicate important timelines and dates relating to college athletics
- Collaborates with the student-athlete, parents, coaches, college counselor, and recruiter and serves as a liaison for the entire recruiting team
- Educates parents and student-athletes through individual meetings, large group meetings, and seminars; the recruiting process, NCAA and NAIA timelines, and eligibility center rules and regulations
- Educates and partners with parents and student-athletes on phone calls, emails, visits, questions to ask, profiles, highlight videos, and contact with college coaches
- Educate parents and student-athletes of scholarship availability for each sport, level, and the scholarship process for each sport Valor has to offer
- Work with parents, student athletes, Valor coaches, Valor College Counselors to develop a list of target, anchor, and reach schools that fit the student-athlete both athletically and academically